Hair Extensions Care Tips At Home
Hair Extensions don’t get the same nutrition and oils from the scalp like your own hair does, therefore, they are more dry and weak.
1. Brush your hair often, only when the hair is dry, never wet.
2. Hydrate your hair extensions and keep them moisturized.
Use K18 mask to extend their life.
3. Use shampoo and condition with professional only sulfate free moisturizing products. We recommend olaplex 4 and 5 or the iles formula.
4. Use a daily oil or serum on the mids and ends while it’s dry.
We found that super skinny serum by paul mitchell works great on my brand of hair.
Some others would be the olaplex oil or verb ghost oil or moroccan oil, but you have to be careful of using too much of oils that aren’t clear. they can stain blondes.
5. Limit heat styling and always use a heat protectant.
6. Limit the use of heavy hair products such as Hairspray, hair jel, hair wax.
7. Do not swim or work out with hair extensions in.
8. Do not use tight ponytails or buns, sleep with a braid or low pony/bun. use a silk or satin pillowcase or bonnet.